Motherhood can be one of the most rewarding feelings. But with motherhood comes overwhelming changes, both physically and emotionally! Between managing homelife, work and preparing for or adjusting to your life with the baby, stress is often inevitable!
That’s why we’ve put together a list of five meditation apps to help you practice mindfulness and feel centered and balanced in just a few minutes! All you need is ten minutes in a day, and the best part is you can meditate almost anywhere!
- Headspace: As per this app, 10 short meditation sessions lasting just 10 minutes each is all you need to train your mind, learn life-changing mindfulness skills and be present. Get access to their vast selection of “packs” (series of meditations) and single meditation sessions. The 30-day Pregnancy pack uses a visualization approach to help pregnant mothers connect with their babies while preparing them mentally for the many unexpected moments that accompany new parenthood. The first 10 sessions are free when you sign up, after which you can subscribe for $7.99 per month. Learn more: Headspace.com
- Mindfulness App: This app is fit for all levels and types of meditators. Starting with a 5-day guided introduction to mindfulness, the app offers guided and silent timed sessions from 3-30 minutes in addition to a library filled with premium meditations and courses. You can customize your meditation with guided introduction and bells. Its in-built statistics and reminder features helps keep you focused on your practice. Search for ‘Mindfulness for Pregnancy’ within the app for programs tailored for expecting moms. Premium subscriptions are priced at $9.99 for 1 month and $59.99 for 12 months. Learn more: Mindfulnessapp.com
- Expectful: Created by a team of licensed hypnotherapists, meditation experts, psychologists and sound engineers, this guided meditation app will support and carry you through those unexpected (and often stressful) moments through your fertility, pregnancy and motherhood journey. For $9.99 per month, it offers guided audio in 10 and 20 minute formats for you and your partner as well as walking meditations, if you’re on the go. Learn more: Expectful.com
- Mind the Bump: Developed with psychiatrists and psychologists who specialize in mindfulness meditation, mental health, prenatal health and online well-being, this free app helps women and couples by offering tailored exercises to support their mental health and emotional well-being from day one of pregnancy through 24 months after birth. The program is intended for mothers, fathers, single parents and same-sex couples. Learn more: mindthebump.com
- Happify: Described by The New York Times as “perhaps the most sophisticated positive vibes app available” , Happify offers effective tools and programs to take control of your feelings and thoughts. The app uses engaging activities and games to help imrpove the ability to fight back negative emotions and increase the ‘happiness’ quotient. Although not focused on new or expecting mothers, this meditation app helps towards improving your overall emotional well-being. Learn more: Happify.com
No matter what, remember that pregnancy isn’t perfect and that stress is a completely normal feeling to have – just take a deep breath, relax, and let your body (and your baby!) tell you what they need.
For more information about getting ready for baby, visit the Sealy Sleep Time Blog.